Greetings Allies! I have found two more articles to share with you. I am always on the lookout for inspiration and different ways to see our struggles and solutions regarding access to health care. The NY Times ran a great piece on lay health care workers making a difference in their community for pregnant women. What struck me in this blog was the way both live birth and pregnancy loss is being addressed. I often see women's experiences with pregnancy loss - abortion, still birth and miscarriage - completely ignored. It was inspiring to see a different solution.
Here in the US, there has been a lot of talk and legislative action around not using federal funds for Planned Parenthood. When we stop to think about the implications this has for rural women we cannot over look this question: where will women be able to access the services that were provided by PP clinics? Where?
No comments:
Post a Comment